Gilbert is the Managing Partner of Zaid Ibrahim & Co. and heads the firm’s Corporate Finance & Securities practice group.
Corporate exercises undertaken include:
- Listings and other equity capital raising on Bursa Malaysia and regional stock exchanges, including Due Diligence.
- Exchange Traded and OTC Derivatives such as Structured Warrants and ISDA form contracts.
- Exchange Traded Funds (ETF), Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs), Private Equity Funds, Unit Trusts and other Collective Investment Fund schemes.
- Corporate Restructurings.
- Take-Overs and Mergers of public companies including reverse take-overs, and Sales and Acquisitions of private companies and businesses.
- Joint Ventures and Foreign Direct Investments.
Gilbert joined the firm as partner in 2008. Before joining the firm, he worked abroad in one of Singapore’s largest law firms and subsequently in a Malaysian boutique corporate law firm.