Gilbert is the Managing Partner of Zaid Ibrahim & Co. and heads the firm’s Corporate Finance & Securities practice group. He is recognised as one of Malaysia’s top 100 lawyers by Asia Business Law, and is regarded by the International Financial Law Review, Chambers & Partners and Asia Law Profiles as a leading lawyer. The Asia Pacific Legal 500 has described him as a first-class practitioner.
Corporate exercises undertaken include:
- Take-Overs and Mergers of public companies including reverse take-overs, and Sales and Acquisitions of private companies and businesses.
- Corporate Restructurings.
- Listings and other equity capital raising on Bursa Malaysia and regional stock exchanges, including Due Diligence.
- Exchange Traded Derivatives such as Structured Warrants.
- Exchange Traded Funds (ETF), Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs), Private Equity Funds, Unit Trusts and other Collective Investment Fund schemes.
- Joint Ventures and Foreign Direct Investments.