The Myanmar insurance market has taken significant steps toward liberalisation and is providing a chance for greater economic development. Amid these uncertain times, companies operating in Myanmar will need to understand what forms of insurance are offered and how coverage can protect their business.
ZICO Law Myanmar has authored the 2020 Myanmar Insurance & Reinsurance Guide as published by Chambers and Partners. The Guide covers the main sources of law governing the insurance sector with topics including:
- Basis of Insurance and Reinsurance Law
- Regulation of Insurance and Reinsurance
- Overseas Firms Doing Business in this Jurisdiction
- Transaction Activity
- Making an Insurance Contract
- Alternative Risk Transfer
- Interpreting an Insurance Contract
- Emerging Risks and New Products
- Recent and Forthcoming Legal Developments
- Other Developments
Accreditation: The 2020 Myanmar Insurance & Reinsurance Guide was first published in January 2020 as part of Chambers and Partners’ Global Practice Guides. Please refer here for more details.