The Fund’s investment objective is to achieve medium to long term capital appreciation through investment in financial instruments that assist small and medium capitalization, publicly-listed companies – often overlooked by investors – in achieving the following:
- to strengthen and improve their balance sheets;
- to expand their business domestically and in the region;
- restructuring and reorganization;
- to regain their commercial and industry competitiveness;
- to rationalize their corporate capital structures to create value to shareholders;
- to support recently listed companies which may experience difficulty in raising funds from the secondary market post-listing.
To achieve the above, the Fund may provide funding solutions to companies that facilitate working capital requirements, business expansion, mergers and acquisitions, reverse takeovers, management by objective, debt restructuring, as well as capital market-sourced initial public offerings, secondary placements and arbitrage trades using a combination of debt and equity securities.